Friday, December 7, 2007

Housewarming


Peabody has moved into a new home recently, and invited me to her virtual housewarming party. Well she's extended the invite to anyone interested in coming, but I still feel special! So what to take... Peabody is the Queen of Confections, so I thought I'd bring a savory dish. I noticed from her latest post that there was snow on the ground at her house. I decided she needed a warm comfort dish. So I'm bringing Risotto with green peas. Enjoy! Congratulations on your new house, Peabody. I hope you have a wonderful party with lots of great food:) !!
Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
salt pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Saute onions in oil and butter in large heavy bottom pot for 3 minutes. Add rice, stirring for about 2 minutes. Stir in wine until absorbed. Add 1 cup of broth. Continue cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed. Gradually stir in remaining broth1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup. In the last five minutes of cooking I stirred in 1/2 cup of frozen baby peas. Remove from heat. I like to add a couple tablespoons of butter at this point. I also add in about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Yum! This looks incredibly satisfying and comforting all at the same time.

Deborah said...

I should know better than to read food blogs before lunch! This is making me hungry!

Cynthia said...

So many delicious things to have at this housewarming.